About Me

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Aint' no reason

Mother's Day is coming, my least favorite day of the year.

My heart is struggling with some unsettled issues.

The sun is shining but I feel tied to tasks inside my house.

It is once again time for my husband to search for a job, and that means our business venture has failed.

But I am buoyed by the wonderful music filling my house as I work my list.

I miss my mom terribly this time of year, and I more acutely feel the loss of not being a mother, but I know God holds the plan of my life in His hands, and I can rest peacefully in that absolute knowledge.

My internal issues are salved by the love of friends and family. They give wise counsel and listen to my grumbling.

And the job will come. Time and trust will show us which path we need to take and how to walk it.

The music fills my house and my heart. Simple love songs, catchy dance tunes, ballads sung with passion.

The sun shines, and I am so thankful for the freedom I have to step away from my to-do list and go for a walk, for the freedom I have to talk and laugh with friends. I live a life of freedom, filled with love and joy. Struggles aren't absent, but I have the tools to handle them, and I am thankful.

Love has indeed set me free.

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Brett+Dennen/track/Ain't+No+Reason

1 comment:

Em said...

Oh, dear friend, I'm sorry that this is such a difficult time of year for you. Know that you are loved and prayed for. Love you bunches!

~E~