About Me

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wealth

I laughed and wrestled and tickled with my nephews this afternoon, delighting in their squeals and fat hands. They gripped my long hair like reigns as I bucked and crawled around the living room, and later we tumbled and tossed on piles of pillows. They are old enough now to ask for what they want - a tickle hug, horse ride, Lego building - and we laugh away an afternoon, with only the occasional sour face.

I am delighted to arrive home tired, sore, my hair a crazy mess, my knees scuffed from crawling. How could I be anything other than delighted to play with these precious boys. Their love, their open and easy smiles, their fascination with all that surrounds them - all these things bring a thimble full of healing to my wounded heart. I have lots of love to give, and have been blessed with so many to love - family and otherwise.

I am rich.

No comments: