About Me

Friday, November 15, 2013

Ah, Friday

 Anyone who knows me knows that my house is a mess - especially this particular house in which my hubby and I live. Truth be told, we haven't effectively downsized from our previous house, and the result is pretty much a constant mess. I swing back and forth between feeling content enough ("This is just how we live") and feeling incredibly frustrated about it. 
Mom's bear - Nicholas

It's been an odd week. Monday I had a fever and in the afternoon a migraine. Tuesday I was still battling the fever, and that evening my left eye became very irritated. Wasn't sure what was going on. During the night it became clear I had conjunctivitis (pink eye!), and that raged all through Wed, but was much improved on Thursday (thanks, Becky, for the drops!). This morning (Friday), I woke up with a cold. Bother.

Not an ideal week on the health front.

But on the upside, despite feeling pretty crummy most days this week, I actually accomplished quite a bit. I almost kept up with the dishes, we ordered out supper only 1 time, I eliminated 1 1/2 large piles from my desk, I sorted through some of our storage stuff, I did some laundry (washed and put away), and I had a couple great conversations with friends. So all in all, it was a great week!

This afternoon the fall sun is shining in my windows, my hard wood floors and pretty flowered and striped curtains are practically glowing from the light, and the piles of stuff just aren't bothering me very much. Perhaps it's because I am actually making progress on the problem areas. Perhaps God is teaching me more and more about being comfortable in my own skin and loving myself enough to extend grace to myself. Perhaps it is just the warmth of this lovely November day.
 

 Whatever the case, this lovely feeling is a pretty darn good way to end such a crazy week! I'm feeling warm, thankful and peaceful. Wonderful! :-)

No comments: