About Me

Monday, May 25, 2009

Just life...

I seem to be caught up in the stream of life right now, and the river is flowing a little quicker than I'd like. I've got a ton I want to do, to accomplish, I've got lots of family visiting this summer, a couple trips I want to take, and one I need to take. Each day is filled, it seems, with something. What I'd really like is a few days of nothing just before all my family arrives and the real summer whirlwind starts.  

In the midst of all this, though, there is a  certain rhythm to my days. I wake earlier than I expect - is that the beginning of real middle age coming on? I fiddle around, checking e-mail, writing a note or two, seeing what the weather will be like, waiting for breakfast until Tim is up. My meal is almost always simple - cold cereal, a pb&j or fried egg sandwich, a granola bar and some chocolate milk. My plan for the day is usually pretty simple, even if it is filled up with errands, people to see, or chores. I look at my calendar - have I forgotten a commitment? I work until lunch, slow down in the afternoon, and, sadly, often don't think about dinner until it is almost too late to cook. 

I would love a couple of days to get out of this routine - watch the sun both rise and set, sit and listen to music, read a couple chapters of a book without thinking about what else I could (or should) be doing. I would love to know there's no where to go and nothing to do, and even no one to see. What a lovely feeling of peace days like that have brought to me in the past. The wonderful thing about my life is that I currently have the ability and opportunity to make this kind of day happen, and next week just might be the perfect time!

No comments: