About Me

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Charlie

I'm missing Charlie. 


I didn't think through how long I would shed tears for the little guy who was in my life for so long. I didn't know tears would well up almost every day after 2 months. I guess it only makes sense. So as a catharsis, here are the things that I'm really missing this week...

...the way he wanted me to rub right on his closed eyes and on the bridge of his nose. He would push so hard against my rubbing fingers that he would lift himself off his front legs.

...his snuggliness. I could hardly sit for 1 minute without him coming and asking for lap time. I spent nary an evening without him on my lap. I miss the presence of his warm body and soft fur!

...his crazy hoarse voice greeting me. His greetings in general. Until the last year or so of his life when he was feeling old and going deaf, he greeted me at the front door every time I came in. 


...his graceful and elegant presence. As opposed to Egg who is adorable, but goofy and silly. Definitely not elegant.


Note the silly look on his face! Makes me smile, though...

I guess that's enough of a list. It's a gray day here, so I think my heart is reflecting it. That and last night I woke up once and out of the corner of my eye, and for just a split-second, thought it was Charlie lying on the bed. Boo...

No comments: