About Me

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hijacked!

Well, not exactly, but have you ever had one of those weeks that you had mapped out with just the right amount of people time, down time, and then enough time to get everything done before a deadline? This was one of those weeks. 

Then it happened. My husband got a project with a deadline of Friday night. He could either disappoint the house-owner and put the project off a month, or hammer it out this week. I offered my services to him for 2 1/2 days. Those days have eaten up my leisurely week. 

Now it's my turn to hammer out a project. You see, tomorrow morning I'm having a tea for a friend who is visiting from out of town, and as of today my house looks like a human tornado blew through! (Friend, when you read this - NO GUILT!!) ;-D I'll work all day, get done as much as I can, then just smile at the rest. After all, everyone coming over is a dear friend, so they will love me no matter what. Sure would be nice to have a pretty house to present, though. 

The real tragedy is that I've had to greatly simplify my menu, but that's all right, too. After all, I get the satisfaction of having helped Tim for two days (that's not to be read sarcastically), and we had a good time together. I saved him hours and hours of work, and I'm very proud of that!

So, on with my day! Broom, mop, trash bags, laundry pile...here I come!

No comments: