About Me

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Begin again

A new year. And a beautiful new day, too! The sun is shining and the high will be somewhere around 20' F. I'm loving it, though. It means that the few inches of snow we got on Thursday will be lasting a couple days longer.

So a new year. I'm praying this year will bring some stability to our lives - a job for Tim, some income, good health.

But in that prayer are embedded words of trust and praise, because no matter what happens, no matter what this new year brings, I know that God will sustain me, carry me through, and work it all out. Evidence of that? This past year. It could have been tougher - even I will grant that. There could have been more difficult things that piled on. But through it all, every day, in every hour, I knew God was holding me close to his bosom, taking good care of me. I've emerged from last year with my trust in him affirmed and strengthened.

Yes, my heart continues to hurt - missing Dad, adjusting to life without him. That will take a while to heal. But in my place of sadness - my days when I seem to hourly leak tears, the times when my sadness translates into anger, when all I want is to crawl back into bed - God is with me.

A new year. A beautiful new day. My warm house. My cozy husband. Sunshine streaming into our windows. Kitty asleep on my bed. My heart at peace.

A good start.

No comments: