About Me

Monday, December 19, 2011

Almost here

The snow falls, the oven hums, good smells fill the house as I bake a Honey Cake with rose water and walnuts, and Tim smokes a big chunk of pork. The tree sparkles in the living room (presents gathering underneath it), and Egg is snuggled under the covers on the bed. Next door I see our neighbors wrapping presents, and it seems each day packages land on the porch.

Christmas is fast approaching, and my days are full! A Christmas party 4 nights out of 5 - too much! But it is time filled with laughter and love, so how can I say "no"?

So I shop and bake and rest and wrap and sing and bundle and rest some more.

This morning the quiet of the house is all around me as I do my work, and my heart feels a little more settled today. I am thankful.

No comments: