About Me

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Home from San Diego!

We survived! ...and had some fun. I only have pictures of the fun. :-)

In the airport - Zachary's first time on those moving walkways. 
His cousins helped him!

Early morning romping

First stop - Sea World!

Watch out if you're in the "splash zone"!

Ok, I know it's not nearly in focus, but can you see how he's laughing?
He thought the killer whales splashing people was HILARIOUS!

And the finale!

My beautiful niece Hannah on a teacup ride...with me!

So we took all the kids to the beach. 
Zachary's first time...he's feeling safe with mommy.

Aunt Cindy, is this the world's biggest sandbox? Such a cute face!

By now the pants have come off and he's intrigued by the water...

...and loves jumping and splashing in it with mommy!

Such joy!

Lisa, Hannah and Ethan.

More joy!

Ethan, sitting in his baby backpack, wonders what the heck is going on!

And the big boys - all fun, no fear!

Joshua...

and David playing as the sun set.

And finally the plane ride home. 
Someone had a good nap in his seat. :-)

To all of you who prayed over this trip for my sisters and I - a great big thank you. Your prayers were felt and effective. The kids did great! We had a major meltdown with one kid, and a couple of rough nights with Ethan (8 mos. old), but other than that it was smooth sailing. They were cooperative, relaxed and had fun. We all got home safely, and I think only one of us caught Ethan's cold. It was me, but I'm recovering. ;-)

Ah, to be home and in my own space. I am missing the little guys, though. Good thing we're going to the mountains next week. I'll get one more week of nearly non-stop niece and nephew time! Big smile on this side of the computer...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Those are some of the cutest little faces I've ever seen. You're a lucky aunt. And I'm very glad you survived, even enjoyed, your trip!