About Me

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer

I am having a remarkable summer! Here are the reasons why...

...I am getting very few migraines - so thankful, big hurrah!

...I am making visible progress on my yard. Late yesterday afternoon Tim called me outside to show me the very first tiny, nearly invisible blades of grass that have sprung up. I planted that! I tried to get a picture this morning, but my camera isn't good enough to accomplish photographing something so close to invisible. You all will just have to wait. :-)

...The irises from my mom and dad's house that I thought I had killed have come back. That is truly an unexpected joy!

...Not only is the grass coming in, but my flowers and groundcovers are growing and I can begin to imagine what they will look like next summer when they fill out and spread a little. Lovely! (All that's left in the front yard is more weeding and mulch.)

...Tim and I are spending some very nice evenings together watching baseball, movies, chatting, eating, just hanging out. 

...I'm getting some good, fun family time with sisters, etc. 

...And the cherry on top is that the nights are still so cool that I've been using two blankets while sleeping with my windows open. What a blessing for someone who doesn't like hot weather. Yes, the days are plenty warm (not hot), but those cool evenings make everything all right!

I could go on and on, but those are my favorite things so far! May all your days be as blessed and full of big and small joys.

No comments: