About Me

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Myself

I was sitting on a couch tonight listening to super-fun music, watching a friend dance and just be silly. Oh, to have that kind of freedom and energy! Both equally missed! Do I remember a time when I wasn't self-conscious about being silly? I still am sometimes with good friends, but I'm pretty self-conscious in other groups. Why has that happened? Can I get back that sense of abandon? What joy and fun she exudes, and what life she adds ... everywhere she goes.

Life - we each live it our own way, don't we? We each walk our own road, sometimes feeling all alone but, hopefully, more often feeling loved and supported, like the whole thing is a hike through the woods. Sometimes those hikes are wonderful, relaxing, lovely. Sometimes they're really hard and you just want them to end. But with either kind, if we'll stop and catch our breath, what we see around us is beautiful.

I'm so thankful for all the people who add to the beauty of my life-hike. I'm thankful for the flowers and trees, the clouds and snow that God provides. I'm thankful for the ups and the downs. I'm thankful for my partner, my hubby. I'm thankful for the little furry body of Egg as he snuggles with me at night.

I go to bed tired, struggling against a cold, a very long list of things to accomplish this week for the LIFE banquet, but happy and content. Even though I'm too shy to dance in front of other people. I'm learning to be just fine with me.

No comments: