About Me

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Midwest


Spiders of progress grace the land, spreading their wealth of water.
They stand in the fields,
sentinels watching over our crops while we sleep.
They are an extension of our feeble hands.

But do we see in them only man's hand and the benefits of science,
or do we see the hand of God,
giving us knowledge,
and blessing us with grain?

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow..."
the tune of the Doxology fills my head as the miles speed by.
My eye is filled with fields,
grain elevators,
feed lots,
row after row of turned soil,
the now-dry furrows a promise of the green crop to come.


And I'm entranced by the cycle of life,
the hum of my tires,
the neon of fast food signs,
and the simple joy of my journey across
the world's bread basket.


No comments: