About Me

Monday, April 12, 2010

Road trip

I'm home. Home sweet home. And almost immediately the zen of driving across America's heartland is interrupted by the muddy undertow of life - weeding that already needs to be done and seems overwhelming, laundry, taxes, and a rather long list of to-dos that I could have tattooed on my arm they so seldom change from month to month.

So how can I hold on to a part of the serenity of my trip? Granted, a long trip like the one I just took is partially designed for the experience of getting away from the requirements of everyday life. But surely I can hold on to a part of it. Surely I can preserve a touch of the peace.

I had a wonderful time! I can't even adequately express how gratifying and special my time with each of my friends was. It wasn't quite long enough - never is! But I'm also very glad to be home, glad to be back with Tim and Egg, and even though I'm fighting against that current of need-to-be-dones and to-dos, I'm glad to be here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you can hang onto the "glow" of your travels!!! I know it's hard - but one thing for sure is that even though you have to come back to the realities of home and the daily grind, you will have been changed somehow by your travels - I know I always am. And I think that change stays with you, even if it's subtle and maybe not even something you are consciously aware of.

Me said...

Glad you are back home!

Anonymous said...

Miss you dear friend, but so glad you came! Beth