About Me

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Morning has broken

Morning has broken, like the first morning

Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird

Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,

Praise for the springing fresh from the Word



Do you know that old hymn? Sure wish I knew how to put music on this blog. I keep having songs I want to share with you! Maybe I'll set myself that task...

It is a beautiful morning! The sun is shining in all her glory, the temperature is just above freezing, there's not a cloud in the light blue sky, and I get to spend the day with a friend. What a privileged life I lead - to have so many friends. I cannot count my blessings, and I cannot count the times my friends have added joy to my life.

I have so much to be thankful for, and the richness of my relationships is one of those things.

And let me just add that the burden of my house and tasks that I felt Sunday upon returning home is diminished greatly. I am reminded of my choice earlier this spring to accept myself as I am (a not-so-great housekeeper) and just do the best I can, but to lift off myself the burden of guilt and expectations. A gift of grace I can give myself. I'm thankful for that, too, and my lovely friends who always help me see myself through their eyes - with grace and love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling lighter! Love, Naomi