About Me

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Honored

I was working in his mother's kitchen, and he offered his knives to me. An actual Johnson and Wales graduate, a bona fide chef, a craftsman gave me permission to use his tools.

And he liked my food. He liked my food.

Wow.

His compliments touched me deep down inside - way beyond simple ego. Me - a totally untrained, home cook, who has dared to begin teaching cooking classes, and is toying with the idea of catering - made food that he truly enjoyed. Wow .... wow.

I wish I could express this better. I wish I could somehow convey the swell in my heart that wasn't just my pride, but who I am. The me who shows people love by feeding them, who expresses creativity by cooking, who has worked hard to learn and improve my skills.

Thanks for the compliments. Thanks for the affirmation. Thanks for enjoying this part of who I am.

2 comments:

Lisa B said...

Who? Where? Awesome! You are a great lover/cook! May He use your hands to reach people's hearts. :-) Love you so much!

Cindy said...

The wedding I just went to in NC - did I tell you I was doing this? It was AMAZING!! Ben, the groom, is the chef. Such a gift to my heart!!