About Me

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love





I am overwhelmed with emotions.

I am exhausted from hard work.

I am filled up to the brim with love.







I got home last night from North Carolina where I attended the wedding of my very good friend Sarah. What can I say? I have too much to say, too many thoughts and feelings swirling around inside my brain and heart... It was a whirlwind of work, 3 days of fun and accomplishing much together, meeting new people and feeling like I'd known them for years, serving one another whether in the lovely air conditioning or outside in the sticky NC heat.

Whew! Just stopping long enough to think about what to say brings tears to my eyes. When I came home last night, I told Tim I was pretty overwhelmed emotionally. Why? Why wasn't this just another wedding?

... because hanging out with a bunch of MKs (missionary kids) brings up memories, feelings and so much of my history and heart ...

... because watching Sarah and her two sisters interact with their dad made me miss my own dad very much ...

... because I was lavished with love for days on end ...

... because I got to spend a couple days in a kitchen cooking up pots of love for wonderful people.


And Sarah, the bride? She is amazing. In the midst of her incredible to-do list, her vision for this beautiful day, and the pressure that always lies on a bride, she was gracious, kind and sensitive to others. She seemed to find time and energy each day to affirm her love for me, to give me a hug, to thank me.

Was the trip, the work, the money spent worthwhile?

To be honest, it may be one of the most significant events in my adult life. I made new friends, I learned about myself, I was given opportunity after opportunity to lavish love on others and love was lavished on me.

Most of all, two amazing people who I love beyond words said their vows of marriage in front of God, their family and friends, and allowed me to be a part of that.






I am overwhelmed with emotions.

I am exhausted from hard work.

I am filled up to the brim with love.







My thanks to Veanez for the amazing pictures!!! You have a gift. xo

2 comments:

Olivia Joy said...

I teared up reading this. So so so thankful you got to go. Love you both so much!

sarahruthie said...

Way to go and make a girl cry, Cindy! (I can always count on you for that).

It's so good to read this, because I feel like so much has happened that I haven't even had a chance to reflect on the love and amazingness of last week. As soon as you walked into a room, everyone saw your heart, and giant beating, loving, pounding heart. It filled up the whole room with bright yellow and passion fruit hues! Every single person talked about how amazing you are. I am so blessed to be reveling in the pride of my friends and family, literally blowing away people with their love, commitment, passion and hard work.

You're so amazing.
I love you so much.
I couldn't have done this without you.
You are a blessing.
In one word : BLESSING