About Me

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One year

I know these things are true...

My dad loved me as much as a father could.

Dad knew how much I loved him, too. We spoke tender words and affirmed our love before he died.

God blessed my dad with a second family, who he loved just as much as his first. Janice, Matt and Melissa were precious to Dad and are precious to me.

God used my dad in mighty ways through his whole life. A whole book could be written about this.

Dad was passionate, quick-tempered, and had a hearty laugh. He also had a chuckle that was soft and infectious.

When my mom died, I thought I would die in my grief. I don't feel that way this time around. It's not that I don't miss him, because I certainly do, but I am so much more at peace. It falls on me like a soft, gentle rain. I am thankful.

I miss Dad - and I am deeply saddened to have to live so much of my life without either parent.

God loves me and will carry me through each and every one of those years.

I love you, Dad.

1 comment:

Me said...

(((hugs))) ♥