About Me

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love is patient

I woke up this morning - earlier than I'd planned - to the harsh rumble of gas-powered landscaping tools, shovels scraping against one another, the clanging of a pile of tools being unloaded. And I immediately grumbled and became angry. Finally a great night of sleep, and a morning that didn't begin, very first thing, with pain. Finally - but now the world is rudely intruding on my quiet and my peaceful rest.

Who am I angry at?

My neighbors for wanting a beautiful yard?

The landscapers for wanting to get an early start and minimize their hours in the heat of this summer?

I sit down to write a couple e-mails and take care of some neglected tasks and I am drawn to check on the blogs I follow. I see that A Holy Experience was posted just 3 minutes ago. Fresh words - am I the first to read them this morning?

And what words they are - leading me to slow down for another minute, to think about my day, my life, to stop and think about patience.

Wonderful words. I hope they encourage you today.

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/07/when-youre-finding-it-hard-to-be-patient/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HolyExperience+%28Holy+Experience%29

No comments: