About Me

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Disaster

So I have long hair. And it is indeed getting quite long. It is cheap to maintain, my hubby loves it, and it is easy to deal with.

For a long time I had short, blunt bangs. This summer I experimented with letting them grow out some. Yuck. I had to put product in them. They hung in my face. As they got longer I had these weird wings starting on the sides.

I decided to go back to my short bangs.

Went to a discount hair salon this afternoon after doing some grocery shopping.

The lovely young lady asked what I wanted. I told her and showed her a picture I liked. She seemed to understand perfectly. "Do you want them a little thicker?" she asked. "I think blunt bangs like that look better when they are a little thicker."

Well, sure! Let's try that!

Oh dear. I have returned home to short, blunt bangs and what looks like a funny hat on my forehead. The additional bangs this lovely young person added are not falling nicely like my old short bangs. They are kind of puffy and look weird.

Very weird!

Tears? Maybe.

But what do I do now? Grow out just the "thickening"? Keep them as they are? Get all my hair cut so these bangs don't look quite so weird? And get it done by Sunday so I don't show up at church looking like some crazy 4 year old who cut her own hair?

Well, at least hair grows.

That's about the best thing I can say about this.

Meanwhile, I see a ball cap or scarf in my very near future.

No comments: