About Me

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ahhh...

Where have I been?

On vacation. Following the USA Pro Cycling Challenge bike race across Colorado. Enjoying the mountains, the quiet, the escape from the daily grind. Swimming, walking, riding bikes, watching movies, sleeping in, eating fun food, cooking lovely meals for me and Tim.

Enjoying all that vacation means.

Our lives feel pretty stressful right now. I could list all the reasons, but I don't want to bother. Needless to say, this was a much-needed break from life. We needed the time away from home. We needed the time together. We needed the restful, quiet days filled with nothing.

It has been lovely. The bike race was incredibly fun to watch (there might be more to come about that). The meals we enjoyed were super tasty. The condo was so comfortable. The weather was perfect.

We head home tomorrow and I'm kind of down about it. I need to remind myself of all the good things that await me there. I need to focus on how much I have that gives me joy. So tonight we'll watch one more movie, have a great night's sleep, and have a beautiful drive home tomorrow.

Deep breath. Dive back in.

No comments: