About Me

Monday, October 24, 2011

Blessed

I feel so blessed! I'm telling you - every hike I took this summer, every time I spent a day working in my garden, every heavy basket of laundry I carry - I think about where I was last year with this tender, awful wound on my belly. And now I'm all better! I know I keep saying it over and over again, but I keep thinking about it. I am so thankful for good doctors, my kind God in whose plan it was that I heal so wonderfully, my friends who served me faithfully, my family who loved me through the whole experience. Whew! I am blessed!

And ... today, as I took my morning walk in the fresh, new sunshine, the trees practically glowed in their fall colors - yellow, magenta, orange, and still a little green. Beautiful and wonderful to behold. Ahhh ... my favorite season is filling my heart and soul with beauty!

And ... I got a lovely massage, which means my neck and shoulders no longer feel like I've got rocks under my skin. That's always a plus, besides which my massage therapist is just such a fun lady. Time with her is always relaxing.

And .... I got some dog love this morning! There is a yard I walk by that has 2 labs in it - a young, black one, and a significantly older, slower moving yellow guy. They used to bark at me, running up to their chain-link fence, but as time passed, and I cooed and talked to them as I walked by, they barked from their corner, not even bothering to get up. Then they began to trot up to the fence to sniff me, that progressed to wagging tails, and now they run up to the fence, their whole behinds wagging, and push their ball under the fence so I can throw it. I think they'd do that all day, but I can only stop for a few minutes before heading home. It is too precious and fills me with joy!


And ... I am poised to harvest beautiful carrots, beets and radishes, and I still have lettuce and some fresh herbs. My mind is filled with plans for next year's vegetable garden. Yum-o!

And ... the fall light, that golden light that only comes this time of the year, floods my house, bathing everything in golden hues, as if Hollywood has lit my house for some royal scene. The trees move in the gentle breeze, the shadows play on my floor, and I dig out my sweaters and warm socks.

Blessed. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Olivia Joy said...

<3

"blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, and the world's all as it should be...blessed be Your name"