About Me

Monday, October 31, 2011

Love

I'm so thankful for nights of sleep and mornings that bring new days. I woke up with none of last night's heaviness.

But even as I wrote last night's post, my mind was filled with all the kids in my life - and how much I enjoy them. I guess we're all surrounded by kids, but I feel like I have an extra portion in my life.
Babies who know my face and smile when they see me. Little blond girls who love tea parties, and boys who want to show me all their tools. Kids who have elaborate stories to tell and practice their jokes on me, learning what's appropriate and what's not. Teens who might walk by with not a word, or greet me with a hug.

I love each of these kids, and not too often does being with them make me sad. For that I'm very thankful, because these are great kids, and I want to enjoy each of them right where they are since that changes every day!

So this morning, no tears. Just a residue of sadness, but I'll tell God all about it and open up my hands to let him take it away.

No comments: