About Me

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ah, Good Times

Preface: I know this is a selfish entry I'm about to write, so no comments about that! ;-D

My oldest sister, Becky, who lives in the same town as I do, has 2 very adorable boys. I LOVE these boys! Hanging out with them is tons of fun. We go to the zoo, the park, we play with their toys, we go to the mall playground. They are absolute joys and I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about them!

On the other hand, I do miss having Becky all to myself. The 2 years or so I lived here before she had kids was bliss...for me. She was going through the very difficult journey of greatly desiring kids and feeling that gap in her life. I could certainly empathize with that struggle! But after having lived in different cities for the past 10 years, I was relishing being able to call her and say, "Let's go to lunch and a movie," and we could! As spring is gaining a foothold here, and summer is fast approaching, I am missing this free access to Becky more and more. Not sure what that's about! 

Isn't this exactly like all of life - the give and take, the good and bad, all mixed together so that we couldn't possibly separate it all and say, "I'd rather have this, but not that"? After all, I wouldn't trade those nephews for a year of lunch, movies, and shopping with Becky. Maybe I'll just have to surprise her with a babysitter every now and then! :-)

No comments: