About Me

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Where I live

I'm having very mixed feelings about where I live. This has happened every spring since we moved. Part of it is that the warmer light that comes in my windows fall and winter is going away as the earth moves in its revolution. Just doesn't seem quite as lovely in here...










I do like this little house, but I sure do miss my big one in Missouri. (I know, you've all heard me whining about this before. "Get over it," you say!) It was definitely more space than Tim and I needed, but somehow we managed to fill it with lovely things! Problem is, I still have almost all that stuff and I'm trying to make it work in a much smaller house. I don't want to get rid of much of it. It's things like furniture we inherited from family or that Tim has built, boxes of keepsakes from my mom and Indonesia, books I read over and over again. What to do with it all?

A part of me feels pretty hopeless. Poor me, I'll just make do until we can afford to move to a bigger house. 














Another part of me says, "No! That is a poor way to choose to live." And it is my choice. I can either get off my butt and work on making this house more livable, or I can while away my time feeling sorry for myself. I definitely don't want to do that, so I guess I'll get moving. 

It seems spring might just be the perfect time to do this. Even though I have other stuff that's coming up that needs to be done (new lawn, continued work on the garden, the BoulderBoulder I need to "train" for, etc.), I know I have the time and energy to get done what I want. At least to get a good running start. All I need to do is ... do it! Come on Nike! Maybe if I put on a Nike shirt I'll feel more motivated. :-)

So here I go, once again, trying to accomplish something with more 
than enough time, but limited energy. I think I can make it work, though. No, I know I can make it work. It might take longer than I'd like. I might get discouraged along the way. I might even ask some of you for help! It can be done, though. 

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can (fade out...) 

3 comments:

Em said...

I certainly hear you on this one. I find myself constantly feeling "unhappy" with the house in which we live. Thankfully, doing several large projects we did over Thanksgiving and Christmas have really made me feel more content with where I am at. I hope the same will be true for you.

tara said...

I know you can, I know you can (fade out)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Cindy - I LOVE your house!! The kitchen is amazing and I love the living room too - seeing the books on that metal rack made me think of your kitchen in Rolla - sure do miss you! love, naomi