About Me

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Give Up

Ok, so springtime is here. I'll concede that it is indeed, at least, on its way. That means it is time for me to start working on my very sad yard! Remember those beautiful plants I had last summer? I'm not seeing much life in them. I neglected to water over our very dry winter. I knew I would need to water if I had grass, but I didn't know I needed to water flowering plants. I guess I could have figured that out. Anyway, I know it is still early (at least here in the Rockies), but I'm not seeing much green coming up. I'm afraid most of them have died. I'll keep you updated. Worst case, I have to spend more money on plants. Oh, and the time and effort to replant. Hmm....

My first task, however, is to finish filling my raised veg bed that Tim built me last fall. Oh, you want pictures? Ok, I'll try to remember to do that. I worked for almost 2 hours today and got about a 1/4 of it filled. That's pretty good considering how out of shape I am, and that the soil is so poor I'm having to kind of filter each wheelbarrow-full so that my veg bed isn't too full of weeds. Fun, though, to be out in the sun. 

Especially fun knowing we've got snow coming again tomorrow! Yeah, Cindy is happy about many things today. 

Also, the fact that I've gotten started on 2 major projects in the past week is VERY good news for my psyche. I can do it! Big smiley face on me right now... :-D

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Resistance is futile. Glad you're embracing the change of season and playing outside. Can't wait to see those pictures.