About Me

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pecan Pancakes

Sunday morning, and we both slept in. The sun woke us slowly, but too late for church. Instead, we'll spend the morning together, eating pancakes and drinking our coffee. So many possibilities for a beautiful day like today with the sun shining, the mountains covered with snow, nothing much to do. We could do housework - that's always true. We could take a picnic dinner up to the heights and watch the sunset from an uncommon vantage point. We could snuggle on the couch and watch a marathon of our favorite show. We could doze and read the day away, just enjoying one another's company. 

Whatever we choose, I'm thankful for this day. I'm thankful for my beloved laying on the couch, enjoying the coffee I've made for him, patiently waiting for his first plate of pancakes, made from his favorite Dutch mix. 

Sunny days filled with love. Maybe I can learn to like summer more. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yum, those pancakes sound so good! I hope you guys had a wonderful day together!