About Me

Friday, January 22, 2010

A little sad

I'm missing my mom today. I've got company coming for dinner, and, feeling quite worn out from yesterday's headache, I could sure use her laughter and joy in my kitchen today as I do housework and cook. My sister is bored of being stuck in her house with her kids, and could use Mom's fun spirit to entertain the boys and give her a rest. Any my soul could use her love and prayers as I walk through life.

I wouldn't say I miss her every day, but an awful lot of them. Fewer and fewer as the years pass since her death in 1996. And that in itself is a grief - to not miss her as much as I did. But I love her no less than I did.

I am so thankful for my sisters, and my good friends who love me so much and add so much joy to my lives. Do they know what a balm to my soul they all are?

Thanks, everyone, for your love. It is meaningful in my life.

1 comment:

Me said...

(((hugs))), Susie