About Me

Friday, September 30, 2011

Life

I am struck by the turning of the Earth, of days passing by, of quiet moments, of days filled to the brim, of shared laughter, of shared worries.

One friend, brand new to marriage, struggles to find her place, her rhythm in the new dance. Another friend, worn down by life, learns of a new physical malady that will follow her the rest of her life.

I spent today (and yesterday, and will spend tomorrow) cooking. Cooking mashed potatoes, green bean salad, chicken pot pie, bread pudding and bourbon sauce - all good things to satisfy and bring a smile. My first official catering job in Colorado! I'm excited, full of questions about the future of this venture, and ready to serve it up!

Life's twists and turns are strange, and so often take us by surprise. In my quiet house, on this quiet evening, I contemplate my life, the lives of those I love.

I hope tonight finds you at peace, in a place where you feel loved, filled with joy.

No comments: