About Me

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Highs and lows

I'm not having a very good week. I guess that might be kind of a disappointing start to my first post in over a month, but I'll just be honest...

... but there are plenty of good things going on, too.

Life's been kind of a whirlwind! It's been a very busy month, with quite a bit of emotional turmoil, and I think that's why I haven't written much. I'll try to get back into it. :)

Meanwhile, here are a few of the highs and lows...

Our church did an art show called Perspectives on the Passion. Any artist in town was invited to submit a piece inspired by a station of the Cross. I decided to try my hand at "freestyle quilting". I was assigned the station of Jesus being condemned by the Sanhedrin - the Jewish high court. It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to portray that, but I ended up being quite pleased with my piece. :) Not the greatest picture, but you can get the idea. This is all layers of cloth that were layered, then quilted over the top.


I took a trip to see my old friend Julie and that was an amazing week. We did some work on her house (whew! wore me out!), had tons of laughs, and even got a girls' night out. A wonderful visit!

Spring has come early to Colorado, and my garden is already showing signs of life. Looks like most of what I planted over the past few years has survived another winter, so I should have lovely flowers this summer. The rhubarb I transplanted from my dad's garden is going like gangbusters, and that makes me very happy. Soon it will be time to plant the lovely seeds I purchased over the winter - heirloom lemon cucumbers, atomic mix carrots, sugar pumpkins, snap peas, yellow squash... Yum! Should be a fruitful summer. :)

Those are the highs, along with some other things. Here are the lows...

Tim and I found out that two of our very best and oldest friends are getting a divorce. This has been pretty tough for us to handle. We love them both so much! Amazing things are happening, though, and Tim and I hope to keep both friendships. Lots of grieving, talking, crying, journaling, praying going on...

...and I'm not having the best of weeks. I woke up Monday morning to a strange dizziness that is dissipating, but not as quickly as I'd like. I'll give it a few more days before I go to the doctor. Inner ear infection?

I am on my way to get a huge panel of blood work done because my gyn thinks I might be in early (very early!) menopause. I guess there's some stuff I won't miss, but it sure feels like adding insult to the injury of not being a mom - really closing the door on the dream of ever getting pregnant.

I did our taxes yesterday, and we owe way more than I anticipated. Argh.

And then, to top it all off, last night I stubbed my toe. Ow.


I mean - really stubbed it! Think it's broken? Tim assures me it's not. Good thing he's a doctor (Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering). Too bad he's not that kind of doctor. ;-D Rest, ice, tlc. That's all the doc would say anyway ...

May next week bring more of the good and less of the bad! And may I not run into anymore furniture! :)

No comments: