About Me

Friday, April 27, 2012

Settling down

Yay! No more surgery for now! :-) The endometrial biopsy showed that nothing is growing, nothing is going on. Best guess as to what's causing my issues? Early peri-menopause. Very boring ... and I love that. :)

A word about the biopsy, and I can't state this strongly enough: It was incredibly painful. Like gripping the sheet, heavy breathing, tears streaming down my cheeks, wishing I was knocked out painful. Like 30 minutes of are you serious? Like some animal inside me taking bites out of my poor uterus. Like feeling them shoot the lidocaine into my cervix. Poor Tim standing there, stroking my forehead, holding my hand, not sure what to do. Wowser! Next time my doc recommends one of those, first I'll say, "Uh, are you sure we need to do that?" and then I'll be asking for some Vicodin ahead of time. Here's where I insert some nervous laughter. :)

Whew! I'm ready for a few quiet, not much going on weeks. Several in a row would be quite nice, and May looks to be pretty manageable before my crazy June hits. I'll have to work pretty hard to maintain that quietness, though, so I'm gearing up to say that one word that's so hard for me: no. I pretty much suck at that. It takes so much effort! I'll practice in the mirror.

"No, thank you. I just can't make it."

"Wow, that sounds like fun, but I'd better not."

"I'd love to have lunch with you, but how about in a couple weeks?"

Those lines all sound pretty good. Now if I can just remember to use them. ;-D

On the zen side of my life - I planted my first round of vegies - radishes, lettuce, fennel bulb, carrots, broccoli, and snap peas. They've begun popping up out of the ground, and I'm excited. I love gardening! In a month or so I'll plant my summer squash, lemon cucumbers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and 3 kinds of green beans. Yay! Hopefully we'll have a bountiful summer.

Now, on with my crazy weekend, before a crazy week, before a couple weeks of quiet.

No comments: