About Me

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ode to you

I woke up early this morning and now the sun is turning the sky different colors and the birds are all singing their songs. The sounds of a spring morning are so different from winter - the tires hum on the road instead of crunching through snow, the birds sing, occasionally there is the tish-tish-tish of a sprinkler. And this morning there are gray and pink clouds that look like the ragged leftovers of a thunderstorm. Maybe it rained on the western side of the pass. 

I looked through your pics on facebook, and was transported to your side, to the weekend of your wedding, to the memories I'll carry with me always. Seavey's dining room in that beautiful yellow light. The Christmas pictures. The feather-filled globes. The beautiful mushroom you didn't know actually existed - neither did I! Little Nigel with the sun glowing through his ears. Christina, Dave and Tommie sitting in those chairs. Ben's rumpled-ness. 

My heart filled with memories, felt heavy - like a wool blanket on the coldest day - with that deep joy and satisfaction and connection and love and contentment I felt as I cooked, decorated, talked, loved, laughed throughout your wedding weekend.

I love your pictures. I love that I know you well enough that your pictures make me long to give you a hug, to walk and talk with you, to cook with you, to just be with you.

I love that your pictures conjure up such lovely thoughts for me, and that I continue to be in awe of the privileged weekend that was your wedding, your vow-exchange, your end and beginning all at once, your lavishing of love and being lavished upon, your day of beauty when you were the whitest daisy in the meadow, the bluest feather on the jay, the most golden leaf of fall, the greenest tree of spring.

Your smile is love. Your heart is grace. Your eye is beauty.

No comments: