About Me

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Amazed

from last week sometime...

It is snowing again here in Colorado. It's falling steadily and slowly, the snow seeming to just drift to the ground. I went and stood outside, held out my hands to collect the snowflakes, and examined them. Perfectly formed. Unique. Each with 6 points, just like all those microscopic picture we've seen.

Some of the flakes fell and landed by themselves, each a picture of perfection, an example of creativity. Others fell in small clusters, clinging to each other, snagged on one another's six points. And as I watched them on my fleece gloves, they would melt, one arm at a time, disappearing surprisingly slowly.

The muffled sound of my neighborhood when it's covered with snow, the perfect chill, the silent falling of the snow, the beautiful display of perfect crystals.

What a wondrous afternoon.

No comments: