About Me

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yeesh!

So I was doing housework today (if I'm honest, I will tell you I was finally taking down my Christmas decorations), chewing on a caramel when I bit down on something very hard. "My word!" I thought, "they had very poor quality control when they made these "fleur de sel caramels" that one of my best friends sent me from France. What in the world could that be? A huge piece of undissolved salt?"

I fished around in my mouth for the offending object, and what did I find? A voila...my gold crown! Well, I guess it wasn't the candy that was the problem, eh?

My lovely dentist was able to get me in just 2 hours later, giving me time for lunch before getting all numbed up. Yum!

And about the numbing. The dentist and her tech kept commenting on what an amazing job the cement had done of adhering to my tooth. Unfortunately, it didn't stick quite as well to the crown, but that wonderful adherence explains the need for numbing. They had to pick, scrape and buff on my very exposed tooth.

Yowser!! did I have some shooting pains before they figured out to give me more numbing, and then just a little more.

All's well that ends well, though, and I'm home now with a newly cemented crown - ready for more candy! Ha, ha!

Thank you, Dr. Jensen and Jane, for your tender hands and kind spirits. My teeth and I thank you!

1 comment:

Em said...

Glad you didn't swallow your crown! That could have made for a completely different (and more expensive) story.