About Me

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Almost there

Ladies' fondue Christmas party attended

Care package sent to my bro at Colorado State

Fudge and cookies made for friends and neighbors

Invitations to the church's interactive nativity handed out in the neighborhood

Shopping list made

Tree decorated

.......................................................................................

The trappings of Christmas surround me, and I find myself feeling just a tiny bit less sad then I thought I would. After all, I am surrounded by people who love me and are giving me unbelievable support. I am loved beyond words by my amazing husband. And the truth of Christmas, the reason for all this celebration is undiminished by losing Dad. That is wonderful and beautiful.

And all those things - the parties, shopping, baking, friends, the beautiful tree - they remind my heart of Dad's love.

I miss him. He loved Christmas. He gave all my Christmases a special touch.

But I can still find joy, and that in itself is a wonderful and beautiful thing.

No comments: