About Me

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Glich

I woke up this morning feeling much better -more myself. I was having a great morning when I suddenly felt like going home. The sky was blue and clear, tomorrow more snow is expected, and my inner old lady popped up and said, "Go home today and then you can just enjoy the drive instead of fighting snow." Sounded good to me! :-)

And I was surprised at myself. At the beginning of this retreat, I'd wondered if I'd ever want to go home. I guess one can get enough of solitude and reflection - wouldn't make a very good nun, huh? :-) I decided to pack up, have a leisurely lunch, then head on home.

I did, however, need to take my friend's car (which I borrowed for this trip) to a mechanic to get it topped up on coolant before heading back over the mountains. You see, a couple days ago I discovered a puddle of antifreeze under the car. Bad news.

I took the car to a mechanic who said they could fill me up before heading home. But there was worse news. The car has a cracked radiator.

Good news? I didn't discover this halfway over Hoosier Pass or in the middle of South Park. And, I still had one day on my condo, so I just checked back in. And I've already got a ride home from a friend who has been in Glenwood Springs visiting friends.

So, I got a few things out of the car (including pjs, dinner and breakfast stuff), the mechanic gave me a ride back to my condo, and here I am chilling for one more night.

I guess it wasn't time for me to go home, after all. And, actually, I'm thankful for one more night of solitude. The weird feeling is gone, my soul feels satisfied, and my weary heart is finally feeling rested after the crazy months since Dad came home and all that followed.

All good. (Except for my friend's car.)

2 comments:

Em said...

I think you were prompted to go home early so you could get the car fixed. God is good.

Cindy said...

Yes! I totally agree - with both statements! God is indeed good.