About Me

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finishing up

I feel weird. I think it might be spending 6 days alone. I am, after all, an extrovert.

It might also be because I thought this would be a really emotional week and it hasn't been.

And it could be that I have worked on the tasks I assigned myself for this week, but I don't actually feel any different. Was I supposed to? I'm not really sure what I expected, since I've never done this before. I've sure enjoyed the time, but did I get out of it all I could have? I'm just not sure.

Anyway, I'm wrapping up my second to last day, and just thought I'd throw all that out there.

I did take the most beautiful walk today. Little, tiny snow flakes fell all day and it was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't even see the top of the slopes, and I can only imagine that it was a pretty slow day for the lift operators.

The Blue River runs right through Breckenridge, and there's a lovely path that follows it through town. I had just heated up my lunch when I looked out my window and saw that the tiny flakes had turned to fat, feathery ones. "I have to be out there!" I said to myself, threw on my snow boots, etc. and practically ran out the door.

As I walked along the river, enjoying the falling snow, I listed things for which I'm thankful...

my parents
dog prints in the snow
good food and fun restaurants
a warm coat...

It was a pretty long list. And it was a lovely walk. I think I'll do it again tomorrow.

So I'm off to bed, feeling this weirdness. Not sure what it's about, but I hope it just means it's time to go home.

2 comments:

sarahruthie said...

first of all, i'm so happy that dog prints in the snow make you as joyful as they do me.

i also wanted to say that today i was feeling pretty crappy. my feelings were all out of whack, and i just felt weird.

i was talking to ben about it. i was telling him how i feel. and he said what he is always faithful to say, "it's not all about what you feel."
it makes me mad when he says it.
but later, i know he's so right.

so maybe...even though you don't feel any different, that's not the point. you went with an agenda and God knew that. you worked through those things. the result might not be marked by a change in feeling.

also, maybe God just wanted some good alone time with you to share the snow and go on walks and think about what brings you joy :)

Em said...

I hope the weird feeling is a feeling of peace and refreshment. Hope to see you on Tuesday!