About Me

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Three days left

I'm having a great week - incredibly relaxing and meaningful to my soul. I'm trying to stay focused on the tasks I've set for myself, but yesterday didn't do as much work as I'd planned. Just couldn't get there. I did some journaling about Dad and finished C.S. Lewis's A Grief Observed. As with the first time I read it years ago - I took copious notes.

Today I'm going to hit the books again - journal and reading, that is. I'm going to go for a walk in the cold, sunshiney day. And I'm going to try to do some writing - not just journaling. We'll see how it goes.

I wrote last night in my journal that I had a suspicion I wasn't going to want to go home. So I asked myself "why?" I'm giving that some thought, and am going to try to get myself in a place where I want to go home on Friday - be in a place where I can enjoy what I have at home. Because what I have, the life I have, is a blessed one. And that's something I need to always remember.

Yes, this time alone has been remarkable and incredibly refreshing. But I can take these lessons of time reading, journaling, praying, and put them to good use at home too. It is just a matter of not boxing myself into a corner with busy-ness.

I can do that if I choose to.

No comments: