About Me

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cozy Saturday afternoon

It's snowing again here and the gray skies seem like the perfect backdrop for my life. I don't mean that in a negative way, but I do live a very domesticated kind of life, and gray skies with falling snow just seem like nature's blanket to my indoors, house-wifey life. Those gray skies feel comforting and cozy.

But don't we all sometimes want an adventure? What would mine be? Where would I go, and with whom? I can think of all kinds of things...

...going off into the wilderness to just "be" for a few days
...driving all over America, writing and taking pictures
...moving to someplace brand new and starting all over again...

But doesn't it also seem like life is in itself enough of an adventure - never knowing what's really around the bend? And to tell the truth, I like it when nothing of note is happening in my life. Again, not to be terribly negative, but it seems like an awful lot of the events in life that get the adrenaline going are tough things. And I've had enough of those for now.

So I think my adventures will remain in books and in my dreams - at least for now. Am I giving up a little? Giving in to age, fear, feeling worn out? Maybe a little. But maybe I'm just saying that I'm content with my own life. And that feels just fine to me.

No comments: