About Me

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just to make you smile

I sit here typing a few e-mails and Egg jumps up onto my desk, staring at me with those lovely eyes, mewing quietly and forlornly.

I type, every once in a while reaching over to scratch his head, under his chin, behind his ears. He does that eye-smile that cats do, and rubs against my hand.

"Meeoo," is what his voice sounds like. High-pitched and kittenish despite his 10 years (or so).

"Are you hungry?" I ask. "What is it you want?" He stares. He meeoos. I get up to give him just a little snack, but he doesn't follow me into the kitchen.

I walk back toward my desk and he's off - dashing toward the bedroom, leaping onto the bed like a flying cat, immediately flopping down on his side. A crazy eruption of energy, followed by tremendous purring. "Come pet me!" his body says. "Come have just a little winter-time snuggle!"

Isn't it nice to feel so... ok, I'll say it - adored. This little guys - he adores me! :-) Ahh - pet love...

No comments: