About Me

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big day

Today was my mom's birthday. She would have been 74. For me, today was a day of mixed blessings.

I spent hours with a good friend going to her various doctors' appointments. It was actually pretty fun, laughing, spending time with her, but I'm terribly sad that she's going through something pretty awful.

Today I began my duties as co-president of a women's organization of which I'm a part. It is humbling to have the trust of my chapter placed in my hands, and I am SO GRATEFUL to be sharing president duties with a great friend who I trust.

A day of ups and downs.

A small argument with Tim; a successful meeting that I chaired. Realizing I've gained some weight; recognizing the relative unimportance of that in the scheme of life. Being excited about hosting a youth event; then quickly realized I can't do that right now.

Ups and downs. Life.

And now to bed, snuggling with Egg, reading my book, waiting for morning, thoughts of Mom floating around. She was a remarkable woman - a simple statement that carries great weight in the minds of all who knew her. She would have been proud of the way I spent my day.

I'm content with that.

1 comment:

Em said...

Aww...love you, friend! :)

You did a great job at the meeting and I'm glad we are doing this together.