About Me

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday

This morning I went over to a wonderful friend's house and we talked, laughed, cried a little, and prayed a lot. Lunch was chicken and waffles - just like at Rosco's! What a fun and silly morning, laughing and having a tea party with her four year old.

Early in the afternoon I had a chat with my wonderful sister, laughing about her boys, commiserating about our struggles, talking about wishes and plans.

Tonight I went out to dinner with two friends - one I've had for a while now, and one I just met. More talking, laughing, joking, stories.

As I left the restaurant, the sun having disappeared behind the mountains, the sky was the deepest blue, a few stars shining out. The mountains were in stark relief, black against the dark blue sky, and the tall office buildings sparkled with the lights left on.

The air was cooling down, as it has been all day, and the crisp breeze felt like a portent of our summer to come - warm days, cool nights brought in each evening by the breeze.

At home, I grilled a roast beef and cheese sandwich for Tim, made a grocery shopping list, and found out a wonderful, old friend is coming to visit me in May.

All in all, a pretty darn good day.