About Me

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A few random thoughts

I'm getting excited!

My step-sister is getting married in just two months and the anticipation is building. Sure wish I could be there to help with plans, run errands, go flower shopping. She just lives too far away in west Texas. But we'll all go down for the wedding...and my sister Lisa is even coming from the Middle East! Yee haw!

I've been dress shopping and should be getting my lovely options this week. I'll try on 3 different dresses, and choose one - 2 of which were on sale! I think I'll look pretty. :-)

Life is going on here. We're having a snow-less winter, which doesn't make me too happy, but the spate of warm weather is getting me itchy to start gardening. We have literally months before it is safe to plant outside, though, so I need to just be patient. Patient!

And hiking! Last summer was going to be my summer of being outdoors, but clearly that didn't happen. I'll try again this year. Keep your fingers crossed.

Days and weeks fly by. I cook, do laundry, hang with lovely people, live my life. The light in the house changes as the weeks go by, and the Earth's tilt shifts toward the sun. God does big and little things in my heart, I catch-up with old friends, prayers are answered.

And life feels pretty good, pretty peaceful right now. I'm learning some new things about myself, and about how to live in peace. And that is just lovely.

No comments: