About Me

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Big stuff

The tenor of my blog might change. A lot might change. A lot has changed.

And yet, much is the same.

My dad probably has cancer. Yuck.

My mom died of cancer, so my sisters and I know at least part of what our future looks like. And this morning I find myself kind of at a loss for words, but I wanted to put something down here.

I don't want this to become a cancer blog, but I've always written honestly, so I'll just keep doing that. My life isn't going to absolutely stop. I'm still going to weed my vegetable garden, and I'm still going to fun things with friends.

And the fundamentals of my life haven't changed. I still trust God. I still laugh at my kittie chasing his own tail. I still have an amazing family - husband, father, sisters, brother, etc. I still have wonderful friends who care deeply about me.

So now it's out there and I can write whatever I want whether it be about the sound of the train 2 miles away or the sound of Dad's labored breathing late at night. It's all just part of life, the good and the bad. Some parts of our journey as humans is darker and markedly more difficult. So keep your eyes open for the good, the beautiful, the fun. Because even in the darkest hours, there's still good stuff there.

1 comment:

Em said...

Cindy,

I was sorry to hear of your father's illness last night at P.E.O. I am praying for him and for you and your sisters. Love you!

~E~