About Me

Monday, June 7, 2010

Routine

I think summer must be here...

I've begun my morning and evening routine of closing and opening windows and curtains, dutifully turning on window fans when the evening cools down, and doing all I can to minimize the heat in the house. I am very thankful for my house! It is stucco and has lots of insulation in the ceiling, making it quite efficient at keeping out the heat. That is a definite bonus during these hot summer months.

Summer is my least favorite season. I know - that seams a little strange. Most people love summer! But you see, I don't like being hot. I'd much rather be cold and wearing a warm, woolly sweater! (Only a few more months...)

But I want this year's summer to mean fun things. I can make that choice.

I do LOVE to hike, so I'm going to make an effort to do lots of that. I don't mind poring with sweat if I'm outside enjoying the beauty of the mountains - especially with good friends.

And I do enjoy working in my yard which is becoming quite beautiful, if I say so myself! I just need to make a point to get out there early in the day. What could be more lovely than sitting in the soft grass in the cool of the morning, listening to the birds chirp as the sun makes its way over the peak of the roof?


And the farmers' markets - they are a truly wonderful part of summer. Last year, I only went a few times, but this summer I hope to go once a week and eat mostly fresh fruit and veg. Good for the spirit and the body!

Ah, summer. Maybe I can change my opinion of the season...

No comments: