About Me

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 3

Last of the services is today. The memorial service. Big disappointment that our 8 min. slideshow is only going to be around 2 minutes, but that's all right. We'll just have to accept that. Everything else has gone quite smoothly, so I suppose one glitch could be expected.

I'm not quite as tired today, and that feels good. I also slept a little later than I have since Dad got home - 6:30! Woohoo! :-)

I have a beautiful new, batik skirt to wear to the service, it's going to be a considerably cooler week, and my garden is thriving. So there are 3 wonderful things.

One more hard day of being with people, then tomorrow I can shut down for a couple of days. Eat whatever I find in the house, watch foolish TV, nap, read, cry at my leisure.

And then I can get back to my life. I feel almost desperate for some routine, for the things I usually do - look through cookbooks and make my menu and shopping list over the weekend, have Bible study on Monday afternoon, pray with my friend on Tuesdays, walk 3 days a week through my neighborhood, drink a cup of tea each morning. The small things. They are so foundational to our lives, aren't they? All those little bricks make up what our lives rest on. I'm thankful for them. Thankful to be able to go back to them.

This morning, I feel thankful.

No comments: