About Me

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 1


I'm sleepy. My body is so tired. I'm having trouble being kind and making decisions. My eyes are a little sore from crying.

My dad died this week - this last Tuesday. He just stopped breathing after working so hard to keep going. I have lots I could say, would like to say, but today I have to get on with things. Today is the visitation. Tomorrow the burial. Sunday the service.

Monday I can sleep and ignore the world. And cry some more.

I loved my dad as much, maybe more, than any daughter on earth ever has. He was extraordinary. He made me feel so special, so honored, so valued. He worked to love me in special ways. He listened to me. He appreciated me. He was wise, fun, energetic, passionate. How could I have loved him more? I don't think it would have been possible. An amazing man to many, and amazing to me, too! He did extraordinary things. But the best thing he did? Love me and my sisters. Boy howdy, will I miss him!

2 comments:

Em said...

Cindy, praying for you during this time. Love you, girl!

Nikki said...

Cindy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way.

Lots of love, Nikki