About Me

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My blank day

The cat was sleeping in his favorite window, the breeze just slightly ruffling his fur, and I was comfy in my bed, reading and taking joy in the pillows and cool of the sheets, while the sun was beginning to heat up the front yard as noon approached. You see, today is my "blank" day, with phones turned off and no plans at all. I was lying there reading when I began to hear music outside my window, faint at first, then growing louder.

There was a marching band in my neighborhood - surely from Palmer High School just blocks away - practicing.

Tim strolled into the room holding to rather large drumsticks, a large smile on his face. "Want to come on a walk with me and see if we can find the band? I'll bet these belong to one of them. I found them at the park the other day."


I laughed out loud, but declined his offer, and snuggled down deeper into my pillows.

Wayne Watson in his song "Friend of a Wounded Heart" says...

Joy, comes like the the morning
Hope, deepens as you grow
and peace, beyond the reaches of your soul,
Comes blowing through you, for love has made you whole.


Jesus, He meets you where you are.
Oh, Jesus, He heals your secret scars
All the love you're longing for is Jesus
The friend of a wounded heart.

And those words ring so true this morning as my spirit relaxes in the quiet of my house, no phones ringing, nowhere to be, no one to see. Today I can read, journal, nap, even do dishes in silence and quiet, and my spirit can just fall back into the arms of Jesus who, I know, will carry me through these coming days.

1 comment:

Em said...

Sounds like a good day to unwind and relax. Love you, friend.

~Em~