About Me

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Under the knife

The big day is tomorrow - my surgery. I am so ready for it. I just want to get on with the business of getting better, rather than this limbo state in which I have to be so careful about what I do, what I lift. Yes! To feel better, and I am sure I will with time and healing!

So I'm on clear liquids today, and "evacuating my colon".

Too much information? Too bad! ;-)

It isn't quite as bad as I thought it would be, so all of you who have yet to have the joy of your first colonoscopy, don't worry too much about it. It probably won't be as bad as you think, either.

I've chosen the yarn for my "sicky project" - a gray vest. I love wearing vests in the winter, and I have this absolutely lovely alpaca yarn that I can't make a sweater out of because - come to find out - I'm allergic to alpaca. I can wear it if it isn't touching my skin, though, so a vest will be perfect. It is quite a fine gauge yarn, so it will take me a while, but I'll get cracking. Something to look forward to. :-)

In other good news, I found the cutest bed rest pillow at Target so I can sit-up in bed without too much effort. And to top off my summer, I've lost 12 lbs.! Unfortunately, it hasn't been because of exercise and fun activities, but once I'm well, I'll get back to those things and lose even more!

So I'm looking a little trimmer, I've got my ducks n a row for tomorrow, and I'm ready to heal-up and get moving again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey my angel. Thanks for the update.
Praying for you...i am sure all will go well. Wow! you've lost 12lbs... good for you girl. All the best with your health plan after recovery.
Love you... wish I was there with you.
Your sis, Thobe