About Me

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What now?

I don't know if you'll believe this, but we were in the ER again last night.

Everything is all right, but my mind can't stop asking, "What's next?"

Long story short, Tim has a kidney stone that last night moved from the kidney to the bladder - causing him more pain than I've ever seen him experience, and we've been in the ER plenty of times since we got married for various injuries. One time he had a bike wreck, then had to ride 10 miles back to the car before driving an hour to get stitches in his knee. Another time he was lying under a car, working on it, and the transmission fell on his face, cutting through his upper lip and breaking a tooth.

He never looked the way he did last night. Whew! Wifey didn't like that one bit!

I was a little freaked out to see him in so much pain. I rubbed his back and sang hymns. That seemed to miraculously help. Coincidence? Chance? God's faithfulness.

This morning is my 2nd ct scan, and I'm up early drinking that weird, thick stuff you have to drink beforehand. All that's happened this summer (Tim's bike wreck and shoulder separation in May, Dad's illness and death in June, my illness in July, and last night's episode) has put me on pins and needles. I know they're not related to one another, but they have gathered in one corner of my mind and have become one ball of yuck. Last night Tim asked what had me looking so worried. I told him I didn't think I could separate it all out anymore.

I hope to have my preliminary ct results tomorrow, and I will see my doc on Friday for the full report. My hope is that the ct shows no infection at all - complete healing! If not, then we'll go from there, and I'll just keep holding onto Jesus' hand as he walks beside me through all this weirdness.

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm so sorry you are going through so much, friend. I will be praying for you and your scan today. Love you!