About Me

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home

Boy howdy, am I glad to be home! Seriously. I can't tell you how happy I am to be here ... in a deep down, soul-contented way.

The trees are donning their fall coats of many colors, my tomato plants are covered with ripe fruit, and the heat of summer is past for the year.

Tonight I did the minimum of unpacking, then headed straight to the kitchen. A simple supper of roasted tomatoes and pasta salad. It felt so good to be back in my domain where I have some control and expertise.

Ah, my spirit can relax into my house, my routine, back into my life. I don't really have words for how tiring the past week of traveling was. Even though I was with wonderful people who I love, my heart just wanted to be at home. Yes, I even enjoyed seeing some of D.C., but I wanted to be at home. And I do indeed love traveling with Tim. We have a great time together. But I wanted to be at home.

And now I am. I can pull out my calendar, figure out my priorities for this fall, and settle back. I can cook when I want, plan my own day, and take care of my husband.

Last thoughts for the night?

I am thankful for safety while driving over 2,200 miles, for fresh tomatoes, and for my very comfy couch.

Welcome home ... to me!

No comments: